Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Kyle McKnight <ka...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/25 14:02:51 UTC

Spark CurrencyFormatter doesn't honor symbol alignment

The Spark CurrencyFormatter is supposed to be a wrapper for the
flash.globalization.CurrencyFormatter which states that it uses the
operating systems locale settings to determine formatting. I'm running
Windows 10 and have set my formats to French (France) in the Region dialog.
If I check the currency tab it shows the proper currency format with the
currency symbol to the right. However, when running my application using
the fr_FR locale, the currency symbol in my application stays to the left.
Most if not all of the other settings are correct, it uses the "," for the
decimal separator and a space for the grouping separator. Is this just not
supported? Or is there further action required on the OS settings to get
this to work?

Thanks!

Kyle McKnight
Senior UI Engineer - Accesso