Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsw.com> on 2004/06/22 02:19:22 UTC

[general] commons standard for release notes and Maven?

Hello,

It seems there is no standard in commons/maven for providing release
notes on the generated web sites. Each component provides a
RELEASE-NOTES.txt and some projects link to it from their xdocs.

It seems to me that having a "Release Notes" link generated by Maven
would be nice. The particular issue I want to address is to find out,
without downloading a component and digging, what has changed between
the current release and the release I am using.

Gary

Re: [general] commons standard for release notes and Maven?

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Maven has an announcement plugin that generates a release announcement
from the xdocs/changes.xml files, if that helps.