Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Rob Dennett <ro...@tmit1.org> on 2005/09/22 18:32:05 UTC

Off topic:Tomcat saving session after shutdown

I have an issue where Tomcat 5.5.9 is saving session info to a file when I shut it down.  During development, I would like to prevent Tomcat from doing this or, failing that, have my applications home page invalidate all sessions.  I found some code that is supposed to keep Tomcat from saving the session, but it when I tried it, I got a 404 error.

%TOMCAT_HOME%\conf\Catalina\localhost\Survey.xml

<Context docBase="C:/Documents and Settings/rob/workspace/Survey/context"

            path="/Survey">

            <Manager className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"

                        saveOnRestart="false"

                        <Store className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"/>

            </Manager>

</Context>

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

Re: Off topic:Tomcat saving session after shutdown

Posted by Sonny Gill <sa...@aerocomsystem.com>.
Yes, I meant transient. My bad!

Posted by Michael Echerer <me...@tngtech.com>.

Posted by Sonny Gill <sa...@aerocomsystem.com>.
Is all you want to do is detect when the session has persisted through a
  server shutdown?

In that case, wouldn't it be easier to store in session an object with a
volatile variable set to a known value. If that value is not set when
the user gets to home page, you can invalidate the session.

Sonny