Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Prasanth Jayachandran <pr...@apache.org> on 2015/09/29 01:23:58 UTC

Splitting tests in PTest2

Hello everyone

Regarding HIVE-11642, the tests for MiniLlapCliDriver are not split across multiple nodes. I can see from the logs that MiniTezCliDriver are broken down into many tests and ran on different machines. http://ec2-174-129-184-35.compute-1.amazonaws.com/logs/PreCommit-HIVE-TRUNK-Build-5447/test-results/ <http://ec2-174-129-184-35.compute-1.amazonaws.com/logs/PreCommit-HIVE-TRUNK-Build-5447/test-results/>

How can we do the same for MiniLlapCliDriver tests? Do we need to do something in PTest2 to enable splitting of tests?
MiniLlapCliDriver runs the same tests are MiniTez but in llap mode.

Thanks
Prasanth

Re: Splitting tests in PTest2

Posted by Prasanth Jayachandran <pj...@hortonworks.com>.
Szehon,

I committed a different patch now to llap branch, HIVE-11923. This will let llap and tez test to run much faster hopefully before the 2h timeout. Once all tests passes, committed then we can split up the tests to run in parallel. Even after HIVE-11923 if the patch didn’t complete before timeout then I will commit the patch and provide you an update to split up the tests.

Thanks
Prasanth

Posted by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Szehon Ho <sz...@cloudera.com>.