Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Bruce Parr <Br...@pgs.com> on 2019/11/25 17:57:16 UTC

Pacemaker configuration

Hi,

Is there documentation somewhere that explains the configuration of a simple 2 node active/passive QPID C++ broker cluster using Pacemaker on a couple of Centos7 machines, using pcs?

I’ve done some searching and haven’t found much.  I’m been using rgmanager on centos6 for years but I need to upgrade the broker machines to centos7.  Am using qpid-cpp-server ver 1.39.

I have managed to create a simple 2 node pacemaker cluster with a virtual ip address on centos7 machines without problems, but I haven’t been successful with adding the resources for qpidd and qpidd-primary services.  Plus I have no idea how to set up the fencing properly.

If someone can point me to some documentation, or post a simple summary, would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce

Re: [External] Re: Pacemaker configuration

Posted by Bruce Parr <Br...@pgs.com>.

On 11/28/19, 2:43 PM, "Gordon Sim" <gs...@redhat.com> wrote:

    On 25/11/2019 5:57 pm, Bruce Parr wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there documentation somewhere that explains the configuration of a simple 2 node active/passive QPID C++ broker cluster using Pacemaker on a couple of Centos7 machines, using pcs?
    >
    > I’ve done some searching and haven’t found much.  I’m been using rgmanager on centos6 for years but I need to upgrade the broker machines to centos7.  Am using qpid-cpp-server ver 1.39.
    >
    > I have managed to create a simple 2 node pacemaker cluster with a virtual ip address on centos7 machines without problems, but I haven’t been successful with adding the resources for qpidd and qpidd-primary services.  Plus I have no idea how to set up the fencing properly.
    >
    > If someone can point me to some documentation, or post a simple summary, would be appreciated.

    Not something I have done myself. Does this thread help:
    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com_HA-2DCluster-2Dusing-2DQpid-2DC-2DBroker-2D1-2D36-2D0-2Dtd7669370.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=KV_I7O14pmwRcmAVyJ1eg4Jwb8Y2JAxuL5YgMGHpjcQ&r=UozAoNQ2B31nHmqaKv5dGAndvHCj1krNy54McSXGxVg&m=um0lvUjSXxVQ28AyL79onvtjMtFEmZx3JoTKvExLU0I&s=V-LCG3yG2DACesCQIGHE7uxxZLdjzRwuzfc-xc-Shho&e=
    ? (See the last two posts)

Thanks for the response.  I had found that thread before.  Does help a bit.  If I get it going will post the pcs commands here.

Re: Pacemaker configuration

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 25/11/2019 5:57 pm, Bruce Parr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there documentation somewhere that explains the configuration of a simple 2 node active/passive QPID C++ broker cluster using Pacemaker on a couple of Centos7 machines, using pcs?
>
> I’ve done some searching and haven’t found much.  I’m been using rgmanager on centos6 for years but I need to upgrade the broker machines to centos7.  Am using qpid-cpp-server ver 1.39.
>
> I have managed to create a simple 2 node pacemaker cluster with a virtual ip address on centos7 machines without problems, but I haven’t been successful with adding the resources for qpidd and qpidd-primary services.  Plus I have no idea how to set up the fencing properly.
>
> If someone can point me to some documentation, or post a simple summary, would be appreciated.

Not something I have done myself. Does this thread help:
http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/HA-Cluster-using-Qpid-C-Broker-1-36-0-td7669370.html
? (See the last two posts)