Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Heiko Tappe <ta...@transdata.net> on 2009/01/27 13:26:41 UTC

svncopy.pl

I would like to use svncopy.pl (on windows client via ActivePerl).
But there is one thing I do not like (or do not understand).
If I for instance copy trunk to a new branch v0.9 then a subdirectory trunk and a sub-subdirectory v0.9 is created below branches.
(using a standard layout: directories tags, branches and trunk on top level in repo)
How can I avoid to create the subdirectory trunk below branches? I would like to have v0.9 right below branches instead.
But unfortunately I am not experienced at all using Perl :-(

Another thing I came across but was able to work around: The script stopped at some stage obviously waiting for some input.
After removing the "2>&1" in SVNCall I could see that the script asked for authentication.

--Heiko

Re: svncopy.pl

Posted by "Robert P. J. Day" <rp...@crashcourse.ca>.
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Heiko Tappe wrote:

> I would like to use svncopy.pl (on windows client via ActivePerl).
> But there is one thing I do not like (or do not understand).
> If I for instance copy trunk to a new branch v0.9 then a subdirectory trunk and a sub-subdirectory
> v0.9 is created below branches.
> (using a standard layout: directories tags, branches and trunk on top level in repo)
> How can I avoid to create the subdirectory trunk below branches? I would like to have v0.9 right
> below branches instead.
> But unfortunately I am not experienced at allĀ using Perl :-(

  that's a known glitch with svncopy.pl.  the way to get around it is
to run svncopy.pl with multiple arguments of all the top-level
directories.  if there's a simpler solution, i'm not aware of it.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.