Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu> on 2005/10/07 14:30:48 UTC

m2 multiple parents

We are moving over a large project from ant based build directly to m2.
Part of this process is breaking a monolithic application into multiple
modules. Some of these modules may be used as part of several different
projects. Is it possible to specify multiple parents? Is there some
other way to have a child POM called from several different parent POMS?

Thanks.

Re: m2 multiple parents

Posted by Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com>.
If they're just used as part of multiple projects, then the modules
should probably just be declared as dependencies for those other
projects.  Do you really want to rebuild these modules every time you
build these other projects?

-Stephen

--
Stephen Duncan Jr