Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Florian Leinberger <le...@seitenbau.com> on 2005/07/20 09:10:06 UTC

[portal] Workflow integration best practice?

Hi,

I was wondering if someone successfully tried to integrate a Workflow Server
(like Enhydfra Shark or others) in Cocoon (using CForms). Tha goal ist to offer
simple, form based, workflow-applications in our portal - for example the
reservation of a meeting room with approval.

Thanx for sharing your experiences.

Florian

Re: [portal] Workflow integration best practice?

Posted by Ralph Goers <Ra...@dslextreme.com>.
Funny you should ask that.  I was evaluating workflow engines just a few
weeks ago.  We basically came to the conclusion that that was not what
we wanted.  Way too oriented towards web services for what we wanted.  I
am currently in the process of trying to get Drools working in
conjunction with javaflow.  I already got it to work by invoking it as
an action, but it would be a lot nicer if you could put sendPageAndWait
calls in the rules.

Ralph