Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by H....@MI.unimaas.nl on 2004/01/13 09:29:05 UTC

correct place of properties files

Hi,

I hope some of you can answer this question faster than I can find the
solution through trial and error:

I have custom-built jars that are in WEB-INF/lib and some of them require
.properties files. What's the correct place for these properties files? I
now get errors (FileNotFound).

Bye,

Helma van der Linden
Medical Informatics
University Maastricht
POBOX 616
6200 MD Maastricht
The Netherlands
h.vanderlinden@mi.unimaas.nl

Re: Strange content delivery behavior

Posted by Hassan Abolhassani <Ha...@razorfish.co.jp>.
Dan wrote:

>I had a similar issue and wrote to the list about it a week or two ago.
>The behavior I was experiencing was very strange, but definitely linked
>to the cache. On occassion, the wrong page would be delivered or the
>wrong stylesheet applied. For example, if I asked for a.xml with b.xsl
>applied to it, I might get c.xml with b.xsl applied to it or even c.xml
>with d.xsl applied to it.
>
>When I cleared the cache, this seemed to fix things, but it happnened
>again when the cache got larger.
>
>Have you tried clearing your cache?
>
>Dan

Hi Dan,

Yes, clearing the cache resolves the problem, but when cache grows again
the problem might happen. Of course it is not my desire to clear the
cache each time when such a thing happens.

I wonder if there be some other ways to control caching. Of course it is
possible to set off caching, but this is not a good solution. Is it
possible to set some maximum limit for cache.

Hassan

___

Razorfish Japan, Inc.

アボルハッサニ ハッサン   Hassan Abolhassani  [Technology network]
株式会社 レーザーフィッシュ・ジャパン
Hassan.Abolhassani@razorfish.co.jp
Tel:03-5436-9980 Fax:03-5436-9126

Re: Strange content delivery behavior

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Ah, you have been it. At least I remembered that there was such a mail :)

Do you have a special environment too? We really need something
reproducable to find the error.

Joerg

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.
Hi Dan,

It would be great if you could narrow this down a bit.

How i would go progress here
- Setup a simple pipeline with a few of your common matchers
- Get an md5 sum of the expected output bytes for each of those matchers
- high-load the pipeline with jmeter or perl or something and compare
each output with the expected md5hex.

This will give you an idea when exactly it starts happening, if there is
any consistency, particular messages in the logs when it happens etc etc

HTH
Jorg

Posted by danl001 <da...@porkfriedrice.net>.
Hassan,

Posted by Hassan Abolhassani <Ha...@razorfish.co.jp>.
Hi Joerg,

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Hassan Abolhassani <Ha...@razorfish.co.jp>.
Hi,

In a web site develped by cocoon, sometimes the delivered content is
different from what it should be.

The situation is like below:

1- There is a pipeline which generate a content based on some xml files
and then transform and finally serialize it:

<map:match pattern="*.html">
<map:generate src="docs/{1}.xml" />
<map:transform src="styles/transform.xsl" />
<map:serialize />
</map:match>

2- Sometimes, when accessing a page like "news1.html", instead of
delivering content of "news1.xml" some other content like "news5.xml" is
delivered.

My guess is that the error should be because of cash. I dont know if
is a bug in Cocoon or something related to server resources (i.e. memory).

The environment is:
- Sun Solaris 8
- 256kb main memory
- JDK 1.4.2
- Apache2
- Tomcat 4.1.26
- Cocoon 2.1.3

Please let me know if you know of something related to this behavior.

Best Regards,
Hassan Abolhassani

___

Re: correct place of properties files

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 13.01.2004 09:29, H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I hope some of you can answer this question faster than I can find the
> solution through trial and error:
>
> I have custom-built jars that are in WEB-INF/lib and some of them require
> .properties files. What's the correct place for these properties files? I
> now get errors (FileNotFound).

.properties files in an XML framework? ;-)

AFAIK they must be placed in WEB-INF/classes if not referenced in
another special way.

Joerg