Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Wesley Smith <we...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/03 13:59:44 UTC

fdatasync and configure on OSX

Hi,
I've tried to build apr-1.4.2 on OSX 10.6.3.  I did the usual
./configure and make.  At issue is fdatasync.  It's undefined in the
resulting lib because, as mentioned in the configure files, OSX
doesn't have it:

$ find . | xargs grep fdatasync
./configure.in:dnl ----------------------------- Checking for
fdatasync: OS X doesn't have it
./configure.in:AC_CHECK_FUNCS(fdatasync)

For some reason, the AC_CHECK_FUNCS is failing and in apr_private.h I have:

/* Define to 1 if you have the `fdatasync' function. */
#define HAVE_FDATASYNC 1

I can change this to 0 manually, but configure should be taking care
of it for me.  Is this a known bug?

wes

Re: fdatasync and configure on OSX

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 7:59 AM, Wesley Smith <we...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've tried to build apr-1.4.2 on OSX 10.6.3.  I did the usual
> ./configure and make.  At issue is fdatasync.  It's undefined in the
> resulting lib because, as mentioned in the configure files, OSX
> doesn't have it:
>
> $ find . | xargs grep fdatasync
> ./configure.in:dnl ----------------------------- Checking for
> fdatasync: OS X doesn't have it
> ./configure.in:AC_CHECK_FUNCS(fdatasync)
>
> For some reason, the AC_CHECK_FUNCS is failing and in apr_private.h I have:
>
> /* Define to 1 if you have the `fdatasync' function. */
> #define HAVE_FDATASYNC 1
>

> I can change this to 0 manually, but configure should be taking care
> of it for me.  Is this a known bug?

dunno

check config.log for messages related to fdatasync (probably the 100+
lines including test program starting with the first occurrence of
"fdatasync")