Posted to user@ranger.apache.org by Taher Koitawala <ta...@gslab.com> on 2018/05/15 05:51:51 UTC

Apache Ranger with Hive 2.3.2

Hi All,
          Can someone please tell me which version of Ranger will be
compatible with hive 2.3.2? I am currently testing with Ranger 0.7.1,
however, I see a lot of warnings in hive logs.

And also why do I see this warning in hive logs? And what does it
particularly mean?

WARN [main([])]: authorizer.RangerHiveAuthorizer
(RangerHiveAuthorizer.java:filterListCmdObjects(455)) -
filterListCmdObjects: user information not available

Currently, hive 2.3.2 is set up on SSL with LDAP and Kerberos as
authentication systems.

Ranger, however, for now, is not running on Kerberos

Regards,
Taher Koitawala
GS Lab Pune
+91 8407979163

Re: Apache Ranger with Hive 2.3.2

Posted by Loïc Chanel <lo...@telecomnancy.net>.
Hello,

Just to be clear, Ranger pull user data from LDAP. Therefore, the problem
should be at that level. Did you configure Ranger UserSync to pull
informations from your LDAP ?
Regards,

Loïc

Loïc CHANEL