Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Blair Cooper <bl...@teamon.com> on 2004/07/28 01:41:24 UTC

TC5 : Host header loses port

We have an application that sends a HTTP request to another of our
applications. In this request the Host header is set to something like
"targetHost:6789". When the target application calls
HttpServeletRequest.getHeader("Host"), all that is returned is "targetHost".
The Port information is lost.

Is anyone familiar with this issue? In Tomcat 4 it correctly returned the
host and port. Can someone point me where in the source code to start
looking? Should I submit a bug for this?

Thanks,

Blair Cooper

TeamOn Systems