Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/08 13:43:12 UTC

reason: javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException : "Client already connected from"

Hi,

I am using ActiveMQ v5.8 and seeing the below error continuously in broker
log file:

[20140108 06:30:01.038 EST (ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///*.*.*.*:45678@61616)
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection#processAddConnection 772
WARN] - Failed to add Connection ID:host-34810-1389180458930-0:1, reason:
javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException: Broker: mybroker - Client: CLIENT1
already connected from tcp://*.*.*.*:25911

This error is coming for a consumer who is using durable subscription.

My observation: I think this is happening because ActiveMQ is keeping the
connection_id for durable subscriber even if it closes the connection.

Is there some connection problem with ActiveMQ for durable subscribers ?

Thanks,
Anuj

Re: reason: javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException : "Client already connected from"

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK there is no problem with durable subscribers. The logs clearly
state that you have another connection opened using that clientID. Do
you?

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 4:43 AM, khandelwalanuj
<kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using ActiveMQ v5.8 and seeing the below error continuously in broker
> log file:
>
> [20140108 06:30:01.038 EST (ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///*.*.*.*:45678@61616)
> org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection#processAddConnection 772
> WARN] - Failed to add Connection ID:host-34810-1389180458930-0:1, reason:
> javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException: Broker: mybroker - Client: CLIENT1
> already connected from tcp://*.*.*.*:25911
>
> This error is coming for a consumer who is using durable subscription.
>
> My observation: I think this is happening because ActiveMQ is keeping the
> connection_id for durable subscriber even if it closes the connection.
>
> Is there some connection problem with ActiveMQ for durable subscribers ?
>
> Thanks,
> Anuj

Christian Posta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta

Re: reason: javax.jms.InvalidClientIDException : "Client already connected from"

Posted by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com>.
In addition to the above post, client_id is static for the consumer.