Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2004/05/02 02:07:02 UTC

RE: hackers at work (was Re: [Apache Avalon Wiki] Updated: FrontPage)

> What is the purpose of Wiki, if you are restricting to committers?

:-)

> Which would in turn mean that a 'name login' would be required,
> checked against the mailer.

It would be possible to require that the user be registered with the Wiki in
order to edit.  And MoinMoin 1.2 has more access control features.

Also, if you're a registered user (click UserPreferences in the upper right
of the screen if you don't see your name there), it is trivial to revert
wiki vandalism.  Click on the blue [i], then click to see the revision
history, then click to revert to the version prior to the vandalism.

	--- Noel

Re: hackers at work (was Re: [Apache Avalon Wiki] Updated: FrontPage)

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Sunday 02 May 2004 08:07, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> it is trivial to revert wiki vandalism.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it a problem at the moment, and the reaction of
restricting the availability, is IMHO not warranted, especially not to
committers only.

Niclas