Posted to site-dev@james.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/12/03 13:07:20 UTC

[James Wiki] Update of "FrequentlyAskedQuestions" by RobertBurrellDonkin

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "James Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by RobertBurrellDonkin:
http://wiki.apache.org/james/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

The comment on the change is:
Added information about logging SQL using Derby database

New page:
= Frequently Asked Questions =

[[TableOfContents([4])]]

== Questions About The Default Configuration ==

=== Where Is The Derby Log? ===

derby logs to ''derby.log'' in the ''bin'' subdirectory.

=== How Can I Log SQL Statements Using Derby? ===

Modify the Derby configuration file (''derby.properties'' file in the ''bin'' subdirectory). Change ''derby.language.logStatementText'' to ''true''. For example

{{{
derby.language.logStatementText=true
}}}

The results will appear in ''derby.log'' in the ''bin'' subdirectory.

=== How Can I Log Query Plans Using Derby? ===

Modify the Derby configuration file (''derby.properties'' file in the ''bin'' subdirectory). Change ''derby.language.logQueryPlan'' to ''true''. For example

{{{
derby.language.logQueryPlan=true
}}}

The results will appear in ''derby.log'' in the ''bin'' subdirectory.

Note that the output is verbose.

== Configuration ==

=== How Can I Configure Derby? ===

Derby can be configured using the ''derby.properties'' file in the ''bin'' subdirectory. Note that a server restart may be required before the new properties are picked up.