Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Serge Blazhiyevskyy <Se...@nice.com> on 2012/09/14 20:52:15 UTC

Best splittable compression for Hadoop 1.0.0

Hi all,

I am trying to investigate the best splittable format for hadoop 1.0.0

Anybody have any recommendation?

Thanks
Serge

Re: Best splittable compression for Hadoop 1.0.0

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Serge,

I'd look at Avro DataFiles, with snappy or deflate compression
(tunable levels). It is documented at
http://avro.apache.org/docs/current/api/java/org/apache/avro/file/DataFileWriter.html.
Read more on Avro and why its good at http://avro.apache.org.

--
Harsh J

Re: Best splittable compression for Hadoop 1.0.0

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Serge,

--
Harsh J

Re: Best splittable compression for Hadoop 1.0.0

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Serge,

--
Harsh J

Re: Best splittable compression for Hadoop 1.0.0

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Serge,

--
Harsh J