Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Boris Brinza <bo...@pxpgroup.com> on 2003/03/10 15:32:22 UTC

jboss+turbine applucation problem

hi boys...
i have little problem with deploying turbine application into
jboss-tomcat server.
first i've created war file with whole application from tdk webapps
directory pxpintranet (my application),
then i've copied this war file into jboss/server/default/deploy
directory and started jboss.

pxpintranet application was deployed, everything looked fine but when i
tried to connect to app with
http://localhost/pxpintranet/servlet/pxpintranet, exception was thrown,
because TurbineResources.properties cannot be found.

so i've looked into jboss/catalina/work/localhost directory under jboss
installation dir and in WEB-INF dir
there were only "lib" and "classes" directory..conf/build and all other
stuff were not unpacked from war and copied to wark dir...
same no dirs outside WEB-INF ( resources,vm templates etc ) unpacked and
copied

ok...i've copied all those other files ( conf,build.....) into WEB-INF
and restarted jboss-catalina...but problem remains:

[Engine] pxpintranet: Turbine: init() failed:
org.apache.turbine.services.InitializationException: Can't load file
/WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties

did somebody deploy turbine application into jboss-tomcat server? i have
no idea where is the problem......
thanks in advance

my system:
win XP
java 1.3.1
tdk2.1
jboss300-tomcat403

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Boris Brinza
pxp slovakia
Kukuricna 1
831 03 Bratislava
tel. : +421 2 492 65 505
fax  : +421 2 492 65 599
icq# : 99700104

Re: jboss+turbine applucation problem

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Boris Brinza" <bo...@pxpgroup.com> writes:

please try

        <init-param>
            <param-name>properties</param-name>
            <!-- This is relative to the docBase -->
            <param-value>
                WEB-INF/conf/Turbine.properties
            </param-value>
        </init-param>

in your web.xml file. Please note that there is no leading slash on
the param-value.

I think this might be the problem.

	Regards
		Henning

Re: jboss+turbine applucation problem

Posted by Peter Bäck <pe...@goodmood.fi>.
Hiya.
Dunno if this helps, but generally if your Servlet container (jboss in
this case)
does not unpack the WAR file this may cause problems if an application
uses getServletContext() to determine where to look for configuration files.
This is because (per specification) getServletContext() will return null
when called from within a WAR context.

So, try to set the container to unpack wars for your context or unpack it
manually.

Good luck,
 Peter

Boris Brinza wrote:

>hi boys...
>i have little problem with deploying turbine application into
>jboss-tomcat server.
>first i've created war file with whole application from tdk webapps
>directory pxpintranet (my application),
>then i've copied this war file into jboss/server/default/deploy
>directory and started jboss.
>
>pxpintranet application was deployed, everything looked fine but when i
>tried to connect to app with
>http://localhost/pxpintranet/servlet/pxpintranet, exception was thrown,
>because TurbineResources.properties cannot be found.
>
>so i've looked into jboss/catalina/work/localhost directory under jboss
>installation dir and in WEB-INF dir
>there were only "lib" and "classes" directory..conf/build and all other
>stuff were not unpacked from war and copied to wark dir...
>same no dirs outside WEB-INF ( resources,vm templates etc ) unpacked and
>copied
>
>ok...i've copied all those other files ( conf,build.....) into WEB-INF
>and restarted jboss-catalina...but problem remains:
>
>[Engine] pxpintranet: Turbine: init() failed:
>org.apache.turbine.services.InitializationException: Can't load file
>/WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties
>
>did somebody deploy turbine application into jboss-tomcat server? i have
>no idea where is the problem......
>thanks in advance
>
>my system:
>win XP