Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/15 20:50:45 UTC

Promoting Podling Bootstrap From Draft [WAS Re: Committer versus PPMC]

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 6:32 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 9:37 PM, Alasdair Nottingham <no...@apache.org> wrote:
>> The word typically suggests to me that normally a mentor does this, but any willing IPMC member can do this and that is no problem.
>
> +1
>
> The whole section is [DRAFT] so it might well be a formatting issue.
> Looks like part of a glossary of terms but poorly linked and
> misformated.

I've collected related definitions into a glossary and linked into it.
If anyone sees any other improvements, please feel free to dive in.

The Podling Bootstrap section[1] is still marked [DRAFT]. It'd be
great if we could work on pushing it up to normative. If anyone could
find a few cycles to review and comment/suggest improvements (or just
dive in and patch if you have karma) please jump in :-)

Robert

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#bootstrap