Posted to general@xerces.apache.org by Rajiv Mordani <mo...@chinet.com> on 2000/03/02 22:31:14 UTC

Cannot build xerces-J

Hi All,
	I just checked out the latest version of xerces and tried to build
xerces-J. However when I get into the xml-xerces/java directory and try to
run make it gives me the following:

"Fatal error in reader: ./src/Makefile.incl, line 3: Unexpected end of line
seen."

Any ideas.. I have tried to remove all the lines there and just set
CLPATHSEP to : (as I am building on Solaris) but it still gives me the same
error.

- Rajiv

--
  UNIX _is_ user friendly,
  he's just very picky about who his friends are.

Re: Cannot build xerces-J

Posted by Arnaud Le Hors <le...@us.ibm.com>.
You really only need to fix the Makefiles. As we pointed out before this
can be achieved with a single command line, such as (remove
possible line breaks introduced by my/your mailer):

find . -name Makefile\* -exec sh -c "echo fixing {}; tr -d '\015' < {} >
tmp && mv tmp {}" \;

or alternatively, using perl:

find . -name Makefile\* -exec perl -pie "s/\r\n/\n/g;" {} \;