Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kevin Miller <ke...@oktax.state.ok.us> on 2009/09/08 19:48:30 UTC

An issue with using Solr Cell and multiple files

I am using the Solr nightly build from 8/11/2009.  I am able to index my
documents using the Solr Cell but when I attempt to send the commit
command I get an error.  I am using the example found in the Solr 1.4
Enterprise Search Server book (recently released) found on page 84.  It
shows to commit the changes as follows (I am showing where my files are
located not the example in the book):

>> c:\curl\bin\curl http://echo12:8983/solr/update/ -H "Content-Type:
text/xml" --data-binary '<commit waitFlush="false"/>'

this give me this error: The system cannot find the file specified.

I get the same error when I modify it to look like the following:

>> c:\curl\bin\curl http://echo12:8983/solr/update/ '<commit
waitFlush="false"/>'
>> c:\curl\bin\curl "http://echo12:8983/solr/update/" -H "Content-Type:
text/xml" --data-binary '<commit waitFlush="false"/>'
>> c:\curl\bin\curl http://echo12:8983/solr/update/ '<commit />'
>> c:\curl\bin\curl "http://echo12:8983/solr/update/" '<commit />'

I am using the example configuration in Solr so my documents are found
in the exampledocs folder also my curl program in located in the root
directory which is the reason for the way the curl command is being
executed.

I would appreciate any information on where to look or how to get the
commit command to execute after indexing multiple files.

Kevin Miller
Oklahoma Tax Commission
Web Services

RE: An issue with using Solr Cell and multiple files

Posted by Kevin Miller <ke...@oktax.state.ok.us>.
Thank you, this worked perfectly.

Kevin Miller
Web Services