Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Trung Dung <td...@OpenMarket.com> on 1996/05/30 16:49:45 UTC

HELP

Greetings,

I'm trying to wrap up a new release for mod_fastcgi.c and
have a few questions. My appology if the questions seem trivial. It's
mostly due to my lack of understanding of apache source code.
I'd appreciate any advice/help/pointers...

1. What is the best way to deal with apache versioning string?
   Can it be done through Configuration somehow?
2. The main httpd process seems to read config files twice. How
   can I detect whether it is processing the config files the first
   time or second?
3. mod_fastcgi.c is getting big. What's the standard way to make
   a module with multiple files?

Thank you very much for your help!

Trung.

Re: HELP

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.
On Thu, 30 May 1996, Trung Dung wrote:

> 1. What is the best way to deal with apache versioning string?
>    Can it be done through Configuration somehow?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this... if you mean "how can my
module determine what version of Apache it's running under", well,
actually, there's a simple way to do that, but we forgot to make it
simple in 1.1b1 and 1.1b2, so you'd have to wait for 1.1b3...

if you #include "http_config.h", you'll find MODULE_MAGIC_NUMBER
defined to be a date, which should be the date the API was last
changed. As I said, we forgot to do this for the changes we made prior
to 1.1b3, but when that's released (hopefully soon), you'll be able to
use an #if statement to write code for older and newer APIs.

Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>      The Apache HTTP Server

      "War does not determine who is right, only who is left."