Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Sahu, Sarthak 1. (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)" <sa...@nokia.com> on 2018/03/22 09:16:49 UTC

Issue in Flink/Zookeeper authentication via Kerberos

Hi Folks,

  Environment Setup:

  1.  I have configured KDC 5 server.
  2.  Configured Kerberos in zookeeper-3.4.10 wherein I can able to connect ZooKeeper Server/Client via Kerberos authentication.
  3.  Now flink-1.4.0 has configured for Kerberos authentication as per below instruction.

  *   https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/ops/config.html#kerberos-based-security
  *   https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/ops/config.html#kerberos-based-security-1
  Success Scenario:

  1.  All Kerberos configuration parameter is correct and flink/zookeeper able to connect trough TGT.
 Problem:

  1.  Even if wrong Kerberos credentials given, flink able to connect ZooKeeper.

Please find the taskmanager/jobmanger logs and flink config file for both scenario attached.

Hoping for quick resolution.

Regards
Sarthak Sahu

Re: Issue in Flink/Zookeeper authentication via Kerberos

Posted by Shuyi Chen <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sarthak,

Happy to help. Could you please share the jobmanager/taskmanager log and
flink conf again?

Also, Flink 1.4.0 has a regression on kerberos security (keytab path in
TaskManager is set incorrectly) , which is fixed on 1.4.1. (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-8275)

Shuyi

Posted by Eron Wright <er...@gmail.com>.
I believe that the solution here is to ensure that the znodes created by
Flink have an ACL that allows access only to the original creator.   For
example, if a given Flink job has a Kerberos identity of "user1@example.com",
it should set the znode ACL appropriately to disallow access to any client
that doesn't successfully authenticate as that user.  This may be
accomplished with the following Flink configuration setting:

high-availability.zookeeper.client.acl: creator

Some code links:
-
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/release-1.4.2/flink-core/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/configuration/HighAvailabilityOptions.java#L171
-