Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Łukasz Warchoł <wa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/18 11:50:09 UTC

Maven vs. Hudson

Hello,
Can anybody tell me what are de differences between Maven and Hudson?
Thanks in advance,
Luke

Re: Maven vs. Hudson

Posted by Anders Kristian Andersen <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes good question

You use maven to define your projects for building your jar, war and ear

You use hudson to run these projects in an automated way.

/Anders

Re: Maven vs. Hudson

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
Maven is a project centric build tool

Hudson is an build automation server. Which can automate the the running of
Ant or Maven or Scripts.

---
Thank You...

Mick Knutson, President

BASE Logic, Inc.
Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
f. (415) 685-4233

Website: http://baselogic.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/mickknutson
---

Re: Maven vs. Hudson

Posted by Eric Cornely <er...@gmail.com>.
Hudson planify and run any maven goal and give you the status of your
project.

I installed hudson and configured it to checkout my project from svn and
run "mvn clean package" every night.

If anybody break a test or introduce any error, hudson send an email to
our mailing list and i also can see reports made by hudson about the
time it takes to build the project and so on...

It's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_integration