Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2021/01/17 09:36:40 UTC

Missing platform jdk

Hi,
Recently, Netbean 12.0 IDE complains about a missing java platform as follow:When I click on the "Manage platform" button the missing platform is not so missing and it is there.

What is causing this to happen?
Thanks for any help.

Re: Missing platform jdk

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 The problem is fixed, once I removed and re-installed the Apache Tomee plume server.

    On Sunday, January 17, 2021, 7:39:40 PM GMT+3:30, HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

Hello Neil,
I have selected the platform that is purportedly "missing" from the drop-down but it doesn't seem to matter. The error message is persistent, although, oddly, it doesn't seem to impact any functionality. In another word, I can select the "missing" platform (JDK 8 update 144), compile the application, and it does use the so-called "missing" JDK 8 update 144. It's just a pesky and misleading error message in the project properties. I have removed and re-installed the platform and it still shows up. This is was the side effect after installing the Apache Tomee plume 8.0.5 server and integrating it with the IDE (NB 12.0) a couple of days ago. I am going to remove and reinstall the Tomee and see what happens.

Thanks for the insight.
    On Sunday, January 17, 2021, 7:21:36 PM GMT+3:30, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:

 On Sun, 17 Jan 2021 at 09:36, HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> Recently, Netbean 12.0 IDE complains about a missing java platform as follow:
> When I click on the "Manage platform" button the missing platform is not so missing and it is there.
>
> What is causing this to happen?

Just select the one that claims to be there I think should be fine.
At some point the key used to reference the platform changed - I
noticed moving between releases I think, although may have been
backported - had to update a few projects.

Best wishes,

Neil

Re: Missing platform jdk

Posted by HRH <hr...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.