Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jiří Walek <wa...@dev.disnet.cz> on 2004/09/21 18:34:33 UTC

session manager

We are using jetspeed to build portal to our application server.
 When the user is beeing authenticated: it is logged to jespeed (jetspeed session is created, rundata associted) and a session to our application server is created. It is saved to current session  rundata.

When the web request is beeing hadled, and jetspeed sesion is connected to current thread we need to do more: to connect to app. server session as well,  to do some call to atach current thread to app. session as jetspeed is doing with its own session

There is StateManagerService for connecting jetspeed session to current thread.

Is there any support for extending jetspeed and do some sth at pre-web-request and post-web-request  time?
We should disconnect current thread from app. server session as jetspeed does the same with its own session, else the session validator would be enought.

Or is it possible to extend StateManagerService and to make jetspeed using our own impl? But I don't feel generic StateManagerService to be the right place for such behavior.

Please help.

Jiri Walek