Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Joseph A. Rank" <jo...@trapdoor.net> on 2001/04/12 17:42:20 UTC

Setting reloadable=false for production

I've written a servlet (using Tomcat 3.2.1) that I packaged as a WAR
file to deploy (on Tomcat 3.2.1), and I noted that the documentation
recommends setting reloadable to false for production. I wanted to roll
out by just putting the WAR file in ${TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps, and stopping
and restarting Tomcat. The only way I could see to get reloadable=false
is to edit the server.xml file, which I'd rather not have to do on the
client's server. Is there some way to set reloadable to false, say, in
web.xml?
--
Joe Rank
Internet Applications Developer