Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr> on 2005/05/09 12:55:51 UTC

[MINA] IOConnector.connect & Serial connection

I'm trying to make a first implementation of a SerialConnector

A serial connector connect to a given serial port (COM2 on
windows, /dev/ttsS0 on Unix). In this case the second argument to the
next method (localAddress) doesn't make much sense for me. Should I just
ignore it, or throw some exception if it's not null  ?

    /**
     * Connects to the specified <code>address</code> with timeout.  If
     * communication starts successfully, events are fired to the
specified
     * <code>handler</code>.  This method blocks.
     *
     * @param localAddress the local address the channel is bound to
     * @throws IOException if failed to connect
     */
    IoSession connect( SocketAddress address, SocketAddress
localAddress,
                       int timeout, IoHandler handler ) throws
IOException;

Julien

Re: [MINA] IOConnector.connect & Serial connection

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2005/5/9, Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>:
> I'm trying to make a first implementation of a SerialConnector
>
> A serial connector connect to a given serial port (COM2 on windows,
> /dev/ttsS0 on Unix). In this case the second argument to the next method
> (localAddress) doesn't make much sense for me. Should I just ignore it, or
> throw some exception if it's not null  ?

You can simply ignore it.  But Session.getRemoteAddress() may not
return null.  You'll have to create a type like
AnonymousSerialPortAddress(). Please refer to AnonymousVmPipeAddress.
We'll provide AnonymousSocketAddress() in 0.9

Thanks,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/