Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Len Takeuchi <lt...@jostleme.com> on 2010/03/26 22:21:50 UTC

sticky session failover

Hello,

I have apache load balancing a number of tomcat instances using mod_jk
using sticky session.  This is all working with the session id having
the jvmRoute appended.  I am storing the session using persistent
manager using jdbc.  I want to have failover for session as supported by
JvmRouteBinderValve.  Is this possible to set up in an environment where
multicast is not supported?  Do I need to set up a Cluster though I
don't need session replication since I'm using persistent manager for
session storage so all tomcat instances have access to session data?
What I want is just the JvmRouteBinderValve behavior of changing the
session id to the new jvmRoute and setting cookie when a tomcat instance
receives a session request from a different jvmRoute.

Regards,
Len

Re: sticky session failover

Posted by Arunkumar Janarthanan <ar...@gmail.com>.
Len,

Do you have a the "nofailover" parameter disabled ? this can help users
continue served  by the working tomcat instances in-case of the tomcat
instance which cookie parameter set fails / not available.

<Proxy balancer://abc>
    BalancerMember ajp://prod1:8081 route=app1
    BalancerMember ajp://prod2:8081 route=app2
    BalancerMember ajp://prod3:8081 route=app3
    ProxySet stickysession=JSESSIONID
    ProxySet nofailover=Off
</Proxy>