Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Peder Langlo <pe...@bbn.hp.com> on 1997/04/14 19:10:02 UTC

config/390: Unable to make virtualhost that do not parse html

>Number:         390
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       Unable to make virtualhost that do not parse html
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Using httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost localhost>
AccessConfig conf/localhost-access.conf
ResourceConfig conf/localhost-srm.conf
</VirtualHost>

Want localhost to NOT parse html files that usually are parsed. Only
solution was to modify conf/localhost-access.conf to use
<Direcory subdir-of-docroot>
Options None

Seems like localhost inherits parsing and I cannot turn it of for
localhost.
>How-To-Repeat:
N/A
>Fix:
I want to turn off parsing but do not see how for the whole docroot

Re: config/390: Unable to make virtualhost that do not parse html

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
If you put <Directory> sections outside of any <VirtualHost> then all
<VirtualHost>s inherit those definitions... the same goes for pretty much
any definition appearing outside of a <VirtualHost>.  If you're using
apache 1.2b8 then here's what I suggest:

<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
    <Directory /doc/root>
	Options None
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost _default_>
    <Directory /doc/root>
	Options All  (or whatever you use)
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

The _default_ host matches and ip address that isn't explicitly listed.
If you've got multiple vhosts then you'll have the modify this a bit.

You can also use "Options -Includes" inside a <Directory> in the localhost
vhost ... which will make it inherit the rest of the settings.

Dean