Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Néstor Boscán <ne...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/19 21:54:27 UTC

NoSuchMethodError: javax.jws.WebResult.header when using CXF 2.5.2 with JDK 5

Hi

The CXF FAQ says that it is compatible with JDK 5. But I'm getting the
following error with JDK 5 when running a Web Service Client:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.jws.WebResult.header

If I use JDK 6 it works. Is there an earlier version of CXF that is
compatible with JDK 5?

Regards,

Néstor Boscán

Re: NoSuchMethodError: javax.jws.WebResult.header when using CXF 2.5.2 with JDK 5

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wednesday, June 20, 2012 04:43:17 PM Néstor Boscán wrote:
> Probably the Oracle Application Server 10.1.3 where I'm installing it. Now
> is there a CXF version that works well with JDK 5?

All current releases of CXF are built and fully tested with Java 5.   So every version.   CXF 2.7.0 will be the first version to require Java 6.

You can try some of the information at:
http://cxf.apache.org/docs/application-server-specific-configuration-guide.html#ApplicationServerSpecificConfigurationGuide-WebLogic

Dan

> On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 03:24:27 PM Néstor Boscán wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > The CXF FAQ says that it is compatible with JDK 5. But I'm getting the
> > > following error with JDK 5 when running a Web Service Client:
> > >
> > > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.jws.WebResult.header
> > >
> > > If I use JDK 6 it works. Is there an earlier version of CXF that is
> > > compatible with JDK 5?
> >
> > That class does not exist in the Java5.   Thus, something on the
> > classpath is introducing that class into the Java5 environment. (it
> > should be the jaxws-api jar CXF ships)   Check the classpath and the
> > jre/lib/endorsed dirs
> > for anything that may be introducing that class and make sure you use
> > the
> > version that CXF ships instead.
> >
> > --
> > Daniel Kulp
> > dkulp@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog
Daniel Kulp

Re: NoSuchMethodError: javax.jws.WebResult.header when using CXF 2.5.2 with JDK 5

Posted by Néstor Boscán <ne...@tcs.com.ve>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.