Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ScottA <Sc...@UnionDiamond.com> on 2010/03/11 20:25:42 UTC

Could not find a valid price for the product with ID [XX-XXXX], not adding to cart.

Hello,

While using the ecommerce demo at
http://ofbiz-vm.apache.org/ecommerce/control/main and trying to add
something to my cart I get the following error message;

Could not find a valid price for the product with ID [GZ-1001], not adding
to cart.

I have tried many different items but end with the same result.

TIA

Re: Could not find a valid price for the product with ID [XX-XXXX], not adding to cart.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Check you have a price corresponding to the currency you use in your store for this product

Jacques

From: "ScottA" <Sc...@UnionDiamond.com>

Posted by ScottA <Sc...@UnionDiamond.com>.
I went back in to the product store and reverified. This time I noticed that
someone had changed the thru date in the price rules to 2010-03-02
03:29:01.879 so I moved it our to 2010-04-03 04:17:53.000 but ended up with
the same result. I hope I'm not missing something basic here.

Re: Could not find a valid price for the product with ID [XX-XXXX], not adding to cart.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi ScottA:
That is exactly what I observed a few minutes ago.
Regards,
Ruth

Posted by ScottA <Sc...@UnionDiamond.com>.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Scott:
Not when I was there. It was set to USD on both the store-front page and
in the Catalog Manager.
But, given that, when you switched it back, did the prices show up?
TIA
Ruth

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi David:

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi ScottA:
Sounds like the demo data is messed up. You will get that message when
there isn't a default price associated with a product. If you want to
try and fix this, go to the Catalog Manager
(http://ofbiz-vm.apache.org/catalog), login, and add a "default" price
to the GZ-1001 product. While you are there, see if there isn't a price
already associated with it. If there is, then something else is wrong.
If not, try to add a price.

If you can successfully add a price, go back  to the cart and try adding
the GZ-1001 product to the cart. If, after adding the price to GZ-1001
you can add it to the cart, then you have verified there is a problem
with the demo data.

Just a guess.
Regards,
Ruth