Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com> on 2018/05/08 21:56:49 UTC

[lucy-dev] [VOTE] move Lucy to the Attic

Per the process defined in [0], this VOTE thread initiates the process of moving
Lucy to the Apache Attic.

[+1] Dissolve the Apache Lucy PMC and move the project to the Attic.
[ 0] I'm fine whether the Apache Lucy project continues or not.
[-1] Keep the flame alive!

This is my +1.

[0] https://attic.apache.org/process.html

--
Peter Karman  .  he/him/his  .  785.337.0405  .  https://karpet.github.io/

Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] move Lucy to the Attic

Posted by Dan Markham <dm...@gmail.com>.
+1
:(
-Dan

Posted by Nathan Kurz <na...@gmail.com>.

[lucy-dev] [RESULTS] [VOTE] move Lucy to the Attic

Posted by Peter Karman <pe...@peknet.com>.
After 6 days, the VOTE to retire the Apache Lucy project passes:

+1 from Peter, Dan, Simon, Marvin
  0 from Nick, Nathan

Thanks for participating, in both the project and this VOTE thread.

pek

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 5:42 PM, Dan Markham <dm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> +1
> :(

Nick, Nate, Dan,

I've been so fortunate to collaborate with you and learn from you.
Nate, you are incandescent and humane. Dan, having you find me to work
for you has been my greatest professional windfall. Nick, your code
contributions to this project are so substantial and so strong, so
easy and so worthwhile to review! I wanted to hear from you before
casting my vote.

There's never perfect closure, but I agree with Peter that an orderly
wind-down, coming together before parting ways, is a good ending.  So,
with a mix of quiet contentment and melancholy...

+1 to retire Lucy.

Marvin Humphrey

Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] move Lucy to the Attic

Posted by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de>.
On 08/05/2018 23:56, Peter Karman wrote:
> Per the process defined in [0], this VOTE thread initiates the process of
> moving Lucy to the Apache Attic.
>
> [+1] Dissolve the Apache Lucy PMC and move the project to the Attic.
> [ 0] I'm fine whether the Apache Lucy project continues or not.
> [-1] Keep the flame alive!

+0

Nick

Re: [lucy-dev] [VOTE] move Lucy to the Attic

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding