Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by fadams <fr...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2011/03/10 17:55:08 UTC

JMS Message Selectors Behaving Strangely

I'm using the v0.8 C++ broker with JMS clients

I'm aware that Message Selectors are implemented "client side", so this
was a bit of an experiment, my intention is ultimately to use the
headers exchange, with a message selector in place if I need finer control.

I implemented a simple selector and indeed it appeared to work as only
the selected messages are getting through to my message listener,
however the messages don't appear to be removed from the queue and every
time I run my consumer the same messages get re-received.

I'd expect any unselected messages to remain on the queue, but not the
messages that matched the selector.

I've tried using transacted sessions and setting sync_ack in the
Connection URL to no avail.

The same client removes consumed messages just fine when no message
selector is in place.

Have I missed something? This isn't really the behaviour I'd expect from
a message selector.

MTIA
fadams

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org