Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Michel Bergijk <mi...@cmg.nl> on 2002/02/04 11:00:32 UTC

Error opening socket: soaptest.activestate.com

Fellow users,

I have tried to implement a portal that gets information from the Internet,
a Stock Quote portal. When I go to my turbine account to activate this
portal, I get the following error displayed in the portal:
CMG Stock Quote
CMG stock price: CMGStockQuote.getQuote: Error opening socket:
soaptest.activestate.com

When I look into my logfile, I get the following relevant entries:
[Mon Feb 04 10:37:05 CET 2002] -- INFO -- Failed to retrieve
CMGStockQuotePortlet from Portlet
[Mon Feb 04 10:37:05 CET 2002] -- ERROR --  The portlet CMGStockQuotePortlet
does not exist in the Registry
<comment>
Michel, it does! Both in
C:\Apache\tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\conf\local-portlets.xreg and
C:\Apache\tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\conf\portlets.xreg
</comment>

The regular portles do not work either:
[Mon Feb 04 10:37:05 CET 2002] -- ERROR --
Exception:  org.apache.jetspeed.portal.PortletException: The following URL
is not available because it is considered invalid:
http://www.xmlhack.com/rsscat.php
Stack Trace follows:
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.PortletException: The following URL is not
available because it is considered invalid:
http://www.xmlhack.com/rsscat.php
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.NewRSSPortlet.init(NewRSSPortlet.java:16
8)
etc.

In the Jetspeed FAQ is explained how to run Tomcat behind a firewall:
How do you configure Jetspeed to run behind a firewall/proxy?
I executed these steps, when I look in a dos-box to my TOMCAT_OPTS settings
TOMCAT_OPTS=-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=nl-proxy -DproxyPort=128

I even run my Jetspeed on the same port as our proxy. I choose to do this
because somewhere in the code I saw that the Jetspeed port is used when
creating a connection to an Internet webserver. I my opinion this should
enable me getting through the firewall.

Other necessary information:
- Jetspeed-1.3a2 release. The regular brand, no building with Ant
- Platform: Win2000 client

My question: Does anyone know what goes amiss? Is this a firewall problem?

With regards,

Michel Bergijk
ABAP/4 Engineer
CMG Oost-Nederland B.V.