Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eickvonder Bjoern <Ei...@inside-online.de> on 2006/07/10 07:20:17 UTC

users digest attachment problem

Hi,

I've subscribed the tomcat users digest mailing list, so that I regulary
receive one mail containing the single messages as attachments.
Now since the 26.06.2006 the attachments do neither show the subject,
nor the from-address any more. All attachments are listed as "Unbenannte
Anlage" (unnamed attachment). The last digest I received where this was
working correctly is dated 24 Jun 2006 16:42:08.
I'm using Windows 2000, MS Outlook 2003. Did something change within the
tomcats mailing list around that date? All other digests I receive like
jakarta commons or struts are just working fine.

Bjoern Eickvonder

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail bzw. Inhalte
hieraus ist nicht gestattet.

Re: users digest attachment problem

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Eickvonder Bjoern wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've subscribed the tomcat users digest mailing list, so that I regulary
> receive one mail containing the single messages as attachments.
> Now since the 26.06.2006 the attachments do neither show the subject,
> nor the from-address any more. All attachments are listed as "Unbenannte
> Anlage" (unnamed attachment). The last digest I received where this was
> working correctly is dated 24 Jun 2006 16:42:08.
> I'm using Windows 2000, MS Outlook 2003. Did something change within the
> tomcats mailing list around that date? All other digests I receive like
> jakarta commons or struts are just working fine.

Yes it did. There was a change made that was meant to add the
in-reply-to header so you could follow threads. That part of ezmlm
wasn't too well documented and what ended up happening was that only
the in-reply-to header is now included on the digest. There is a JIRA
issue about this
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-793?page=all) and it
should be fixed soon.

Mark