Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Carl Mueller <ca...@smartthings.com.INVALID> on 2018/08/30 15:42:32 UTC

Java 11 Z garbage collector

https://www.opsian.com/blog/javas-new-zgc-is-very-exciting/

.. max of 4ms for stop the world, large terabyte heaps, seems promising.

Will this be a major boon to cassandra p99 times? Anyone know the aspects
of cassandra that cause the most churn and lead to StopTheWorld GC? I was
under the impression that bloom filters, caches, etc are statically
allocated at startup.

Re: Java 11 Z garbage collector

Posted by Carl Mueller <ca...@smartthings.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Jeff.