Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Amol Potnis <am...@pspl.co.in> on 2002/09/12 13:00:44 UTC

Building Xalan-C++ 1.1 on AIX

Hi,

I am trying to build Xalan-C++ 1.1 on AIX 4.3.3 ( patch level 10) using
XLC5.0 compiler.
But I am not able to go through.

I am facing number of problems as listed below:
1. AIXDefinitions.hpp file has an include statement as '#include
<stl/_config.h>'
    Such file doesn't come with stl libraries and include files those come
along with AIX.
    Such file exists in 'STLPort' files. But Documentation clearly says that
'STLPort' files are to be used for solaris.

    => So  I commented this and tried to compile further.

2. Number of templates are getting used in numbers source files of Xalan.
    It forced me to add 'using namsapce std' statement in some of the .hpp
files.
    It took me a step ahead but still faced other problems in compilation.

As documentation says that Xalan does get built on AIX with XLC, I am
wondering whether I am doing anything wrong at very basic level.
Has anybody else tried to build Xalan on AIX with XLC?
Can I get any helping instructions / steps / useful pointers at any good
reference?

Thanks in advance.
Amol Potnis