Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Ramana <ra...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/06 07:12:05 UTC

Unable to run pyflink job - NetUtils getAvailablePort Error

Hello there,

I have a pyflink setup of 1 : JobManager - 1 : Task Manager.

Trying to run a pyflink job and no matter what i do, i get the following
error message.

-----------------
The program finished with the following exception:

org.apache.flink.client.program.ProgramInvocationException: The main method
caused an error: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.flink.util.NetUtils.getAvailablePort()Lorg/apacheflink/util/NetUtils$Port;
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.flink.util.NetUtils.getAvailablePort()Lorg/apacheflink/util/NetUtils$Port;
at
org.apache.flink.client.python.PythonEnvUtils.lambda$startGatewayServer$3(PythonUtils.java:365)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
------------

Tried executing with some out of the box examples, yet I get the same error
above.

Could anybody shed some light on why the error is occurring, and how I can
have it resolved?

Appreciate any help here.

Thanks.
Ramana
--
DREAM IT, DO IT

Re: Unable to run pyflink job - NetUtils getAvailablePort Error

Posted by Dian Fu <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ramana,

The method appearing in the exception message was updated in Flink 1.15,
see [1] for more details. So I believe there must be jars of version 1.15
in your environment and could you double check that?

Regards,
Dian

[1]
https://github.com/apache/flink/commit/dd1fddb13b2d08ade580e5b3ec6b8e910974308d