Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by Apurv Verma <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/22 01:40:06 UTC

Adding Google Guava

Hii,
 I want to add google guava library to the path. Should I add the following
lines to pom.xml file in hama-core as given on stackoverflow. [0]

<dependency>

    <groupId>com.google.guava</groupId>

    <artifactId>guava</artifactId>

    <version>11.0.1</version>
</dependency>

If this is not the way to do it, please let me know.
I am working on HAMA-367.
I am creating a class BSPMessageCompressor which is going to provide
functionalities to compress a java object and return the result as an array
of bytes.

[0]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2550441/is-guava-libraries-available-in-maven-repo

--
thanks and regards,

Apurv Verma
B. Tech.(CSE)
IIT- Ropar

Re: Adding Google Guava

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
Great start Apurv!

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Re: Adding Google Guava

Posted by Thomas Jungblut <th...@googlemail.com>.
Hey Apurv and Tommaso,

this is a bit more complicated.
I tried to use the latest guava in one of my projects last time. The latest
version's jar is corrupted, so maven throws errors while building.
You have to use the 10.0.1 version, it will work fine.
You have to declare the dependency in the pom.xml in trunk root path (under
dependency management) and the dependency once again in the core's pom.xml.

Good luck with the compression, I'm really excited what you've coded.

--
Thomas Jungblut
Berlin <th...@gmail.com>

Re: Adding Google Guava