Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2005/03/11 07:50:05 UTC

logchar = UTF-8 and wchar_t free support

I've filled in the missing stuff to allow log4cxx to be built using
UTF-8 for logchar, which I had planned, and to allow log4cxx to be
build with no use of wchar_t which I hadn't considered (and which
implies using UTF-8 for logchar).

To build without wchar_t:

ant -Dhas.wchar_t=0

To build with wchar_t support but using UTF-8 for logchar:

ant -Dlogchar=utf8

To force Unix conventions (aka cygwin), but not yet tested

ant -Dis-unix=true

The UTF-8 implementation of transcoder fails several tests, likely
cases where a logged character can't be represented in the current code
page, which I will address tomorrow.  However, all the standard witness
tests pass, so it should be fairly good as long as you limit yourself
to USASCII.