Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "quentin.compson" <qu...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/12 05:12:04 UTC

logging to seperate log file per war file

is this possible using context.xml or some other way?  im using log4j but some
output still goes to stdout (e.g System.out.println()).

thx

Re: logging to seperate log file per war file

Posted by Darek Czarkowski <dc...@infinitesource.ca>.
do you have console appender included in your log4j config file?
comment it out.

Posted by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu>.
My guess (but, I'm not a Tomcat developer so what do I know! ;-)) is that
you can't do it for System.out.println(). However, I did notice that
System.setOut() allows you to redirect where standard out goes. However, I'm
guessing that that would be for the entire JVM? As of Tomcat 5.5.9 they
fixed up java.util.logging so that it can have different log files if that's
any consolation. I guess the best solution is to simply using the logging
APIs throughout and not use System.out for anything.

Jon