Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Dmitry Hayes <dm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2004/04/01 02:18:33 UTC

[VOTE] Xalan 1.8 release plan

Hi all!

It has been more than a month since the Xerces release and now we are
thinking about releasing XalanC 1.8.0, compatible with Xerces 2.5.0

Between the new changes in the release are:

      - Compatibility with Xerces 2.5.0 and (optional)  ICU 2.6.1
      - VC7(2002) support
      - HP-11 on Itanium builds
      - Cygwin builds ( it is still not in CVS but we have a patch ready)
      - Xerces Deprecated DOM support:  the binaries will be without
built-in the deprecated DOM support.
      - fixes of defects

Matthew Hoyt is developing an interesting project: iterative processing
instead of recursive. We also are planning to include the project into the
release.

What you think folks about code freeze on April 15?
Is it convenient for all committers?
We will need then 3-4 days for a package building/testing process and
hopefully we will release around April 20.

Thanks!

Dmitry

RE: [VOTE] Xalan 1.8 release plan

Posted by Dmitry Hayes <dm...@ca.ibm.com>.

Hi Milan!
It means that we haven't tested Xalan1.7.0 with Xerces2.5.0 and the Xalan
binaries wouldn't be compatible with the new Xerces release.
However, from my understanding, Xalan 2.5.0 is a bug fixing release after
2.4.0. If you would like to get more details about it,
xerces-c-dev@xml.apache.org is the best place to ask.

Dmitry

             "Milan Tomic"
             <milan@setcce.org
                                       <xa...@xml.apache.org>
             04/01/2004 06:25                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [VOTE] Xalan 1.8 release plan
             Please respond to
               xalan-c-users

> It has been more than a month since the Xerces release and
> now we are thinking about releasing XalanC 1.8.0, compatible
> with Xerces 2.5.0
Does this means that XalanC 1.7.0 is not compatible with Xerces 2.5.0?
I'm using this combination and don't have, so far, any problems. Are
there any known issues?

Thank you,
Milan

RE: [VOTE] Xalan 1.8 release plan