Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by praveen <al...@aim.com> on 2006/09/05 07:30:53 UTC

Reason for Spring in ServiceMix

Hi all,
         The servicemix uses Spring for its functionality.Do anybody clearly
explain me why Spring Framework is specifically used in servicemix,What r
the uses of Spring in Servicemix,benefits of using it in Servicemix, and wat
r d technical improvements by using Spring in servicemix.

Thanks in advance.......
Praveen D
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Reason for Spring in ServiceMix--Thanks for information

Posted by praveen <al...@aim.com>.
Hi Bruce,
               Thank u for ur information reg spring in servicemix....It ll
b greatly helpful to me to proceed in the right way.

Praveen

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 9/4/06, praveen <al...@aim.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>          The servicemix uses Spring for its functionality.Do anybody clearly
> explain me why Spring Framework is specifically used in servicemix,What r
> the uses of Spring in Servicemix,benefits of using it in Servicemix, and wat
> r d technical improvements by using Spring in servicemix.

Praveen, ServiceMix is built on top of Apache XBean
(http://geronimo.apache.org/xbean). Among many things, XBean adds some
extensions to the Spring Framework to provide not only support for XML
Schema but also the ability to use a customized XML dialect, both in
the configuration file. Spring provides a widely known XML
configuration and XBean extends it a bit to be even more flexible and
powerful.

In addition, XBean provides, among many things, a bootstrap kernel so
that ServiceMix can be run standalone, integrated with other
containers (J2EE 1.4 or web) or embedded in another application. XBean
also provides abstractions for the Inversion of Control (IoC)
container, for lifecycle implementation and for the object naming
service. The default IoC container used in XBean today is the Spring
Framework, but in the future there will hopefully be other choices.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
Apache ServiceMix - http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/