Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2013/11/20 15:26:07 UTC

CDI examples are broken in master branch

Hi Emond,

I guess your recent changes related to CDI broke the Wicket Examples CDI
example.
The JavaScript UI tests fail with:

org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DefinitionException: WELD-000070 Simple bean
[EnhancedAnnotatedTypeImpl] class
org.apache.wicket.devutils.debugbar.DebugBar$3 cannot be a non-static inner
class
 at
org.jboss.weld.injection.producer.BasicInjectionTarget.checkType(BasicInjectionTarget.java:81)
 at
org.jboss.weld.injection.producer.BasicInjectionTarget.<init>(BasicInjectionTarget.java:69)
 at
org.jboss.weld.injection.producer.BeanInjectionTarget.<init>(BeanInjectionTarget.java:52)
 at
org.jboss.weld.manager.InjectionTargetFactoryImpl.createInjectionTarget(InjectionTargetFactoryImpl.java:95)

This is related to the problem that led to Wicket 6.9.1 release.

Please fix it as you find appropriate.

Re: CDI examples are broken in master branch

Posted by John Sarman <jo...@gmail.com>.
That is fine, I just thought the dependency change was overlooked is all.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
John,

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@gmail.com>.
I disagree. The wicket-cdi-1.1 module is not ready. Once it is, I'll move
the examples to the new module. Until then, we need the example to be the
way we expect our users to use cdi intergration: with wicket-cdi and cdi
1.0. That's why I reverted the examples to wicket-cdi on the wicket-6.x
branch.

Best regards,
Emond

Posted by John Sarman <jo...@gmail.com>.
Also needs

 <dependency>
                        <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
                        <artifactId>wicket-cdi-1.1-weld</artifactId>
                        <version>0.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
                </dependency>
John

Posted by John Sarman <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
OK, then wicket-examples in master will wait for a better version of cdi-1.1

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Did I mention 1.1 ?:-)

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl>.
Doh, I should have read the subject :)

IMHO the wicket-cdi examples should be downgraded to the normal wicket-
cdi. wicket-cdi-1.1 is broken and will be replaced entirely.

Best regards,
Emond

Posted by Emond Papegaaij <em...@topicus.nl>.
Hi Martin,