Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Reynolds <ji...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/25 02:27:49 UTC

View Not Correctly Being Indexed by searchengines.

Hello,

I created a ecommerce site using struts and opened it up about 6
months ago. Ever since its inception, I have had trouble getting my
site indexed by google, or any other searchengine.

I am using servlet mapping of ".do". I cannot understand for my life,
but it appears that when the robots see a link for something like:
http://www.mysite.com/context/welcome.do that it does not actually
call the page, which calls welcome.jsp which is where my "metas" are.
(But If I call that link from a browser, of course the page shows). I
can source it, and see all my metas.

Is this a struts problem, or a MVC problem with searchengines?

So in desperation, I purchased a product today called WebPosition, and
started pointing to my pages like
http://www.mysite.com/context/welcome.do and it says I do not even
have a title. It does not see the .jsp page that struts forwards to.

Does anyone have any explanation why this is occuring? Anyone give me
pointers how to resolve this. I am getting desperate and could use a
hand.

Sincerely

Re: View Not Correctly Being Indexed by searchengines.

Posted by Mark Lowe <me...@gmail.com>.
Here's something you may find handy

http://tuckey.org/urlrewrite/manual/2.6/guide.html

<outbound-rule encodefirst="true">
    <condition name="user-agent">googlebot.*</condition>
    <from>^(.*);jsessionid=.*(\?.*)$</from>
    <to>$1$2</to>
</outbound-rule>

Posted by Mark Lowe <me...@gmail.com>.