Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by mw...@apache.org on 2002/11/22 05:57:20 UTC

New Listeners

Hierarchy now supports LoggerRepositoryEventListener and LoggerEventListener
instances.  Some review of the changes is in order.  I did not make any
changes in the code to make the Hierarchy actually send all the messages at
the correct time.  I leave that to someone else.  It might need to be
thought through some.

I have changes in DOMConfigurator to check in to support plugins in
configuration files.  I also need to update PluginRegistry to use the new
LoggerRepositoryEventListener interface related methods.  I will check these
changes in tomorrow after I have had a chance to write some test cases to
exercise them a bit.

-Mark

RE: New Listeners

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Sure, no problem.

You might want to consider moving the plugin related code to its own
package, perhaps to o.a.l.plugin.

At 21:27 21.11.2002 -0800, you wrote:
> > I did not make any
> > changes in the code to make the Hierarchy actually send all the
> > messages at
> > the correct time.  I leave that to someone else.  It might need to be
> > thought through some.
>
>That actually sounds worse than it is.  The Hierarchy has all the code in
>place to send the messages to registered listeners, and it does send
>messages for reset and shutdown.  However, I did not change all the other
>code to call the appropriate fireXYZ() methods at the right times.  So, for
>example, I have not modified any of the configurator classes to call the
>fireConfigurationChangedEvent() method on the LoggerRepository being
>configured.
>
>-Mark
>

>--

Ceki