Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/27 13:23:54 UTC

Seam Integration for T5 and T4

Hi all,

in the last days I spent some time for Tapestry-Seam-Integration (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-1714).
Now I have working Seam Integration for both: T5 and T4 which I would like
to share with the community.
So far following is realized for both: T5 and T4
   - Injection and outjection of Seam components via Seam annotations: @In
and @Out
   - Binding for EL to be used in the templates to reference seam
components.

T5 code would look like:
public class Start
{
   @In private Bean myBean;  <-- Seam component
   @Out private Foo foo;  <-- Seam component
}

T4 code looks similar:

public abstract class Start extends BasePage
{
   @In public abstract Bean getMyBean();  <-- Seam component
   @Out public abstract Foo getFoo(); <-- Seam component
}

Usage of EL binding:
 -T5: ${el:bean.firstName}
 -T4: <span jwcid="@Insert" value="el:bean.firstName"/>

I think the code will be ready for contribution starting from the first
weekend of the next year. (from tomorrow till 2nd January I'm on vacation).

I'm not sure what is the best project to contribute the code. I thought
about two alternatives:
1) Tapestry 5 and Tapestry 4
2) Tacos 5 and Tacos 4

The second alternative is easier for me since I'm a committer to Tacos
project. But I think Seam Integration should be placed in Tapestry. So what
do you think? Comments are welcome. Especially comments from Howard, Jesse
and Andreas would be appreciated.
--
Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko

Re: Seam Integration for T5 and T4

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
This thread is closely related:
http://archive.trails.codehaus.org/dev/7281ca710711300144u1ee9d4ceke0384db2569d6d63@mail.gmail.com.
To summarize, over at Trails project we've been thinking what Trails
2.0should/would be like and Tapestry5/Seam integration sounds logical.
So far
it's been mostly at conversational level but I've half-jokingly been calling
the integration as the Steam framework. I'd be interested in taking a look
at your code and possibly using it either as a dependency or forming it's
own project around it. The advantage of hosting it at Codehaus as a
successor to Trails is that it's more focused on providing a "full-stack"
web application framework and we got a supporting infrastructure ready for
it. Either way, I don't care too much where the code lives, but I'm
particularly interested myself in having a general-purpose solution for
conversations and conversation-per-session.

Kalle

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Sounds awesome!