Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Wahlgren Christian <ch...@scania.com> on 2004/09/25 14:08:19 UTC

Changes in ContentSpecNode in 2.5?

Hi,

In our project we do a traversal of schemas and depending on the type of a
ContentSpecNode we do different things. We have so far been using Xerces-C
2.2 and tried to upgrade to version 2.5 to able to use the VC7.1 compiler,
but discovered that our schema elements returns different types
(ContentSpecNode) than in version 2.2.

Specifically, nodes previously returned (getType())
 ContentSpecNode::Sequence or ContentSpecNode::Choice
now returns
 ContentSpecNode::ModelGroupSequence or ContentSpecNode::ModelGroupChoice.

I have tried to search both this mailing list, jira and on the web but found
no documentation on this subject, except CVS submit comments regarding PSVI
in November 2003.

My questions are:
- Are we using some of Xerces internal classes and types (ContentSpecNode)?
- Is my assumption above correct about the new returned values?
- Why no documentation on these changes at all?

Regards,
Christian Wahlgren

Re: Changes in ContentSpecNode in 2.5?

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@parthenoncomputing.com>.
Hi all,

	this mail has just been accepted through moderation. Wahlgren
contacted me directly and I have answered the questions. No need to do
more work answering!

Cheers,

Gareth

On 25 Sep 2004, at 13:08, Wahlgren Christian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In our project we do a traversal of schemas and depending on the type
> of a
> ContentSpecNode we do different things. We have so far been using
> Xerces-C
> 2.2 and tried to upgrade to version 2.5 to able to use the VC7.1
> compiler,
> but discovered that our schema elements returns different types
> (ContentSpecNode) than in version 2.2.
>
> Specifically, nodes previously returned (getType())
>  ContentSpecNode::Sequence or ContentSpecNode::Choice
> now returns
>  ContentSpecNode::ModelGroupSequence or
> ContentSpecNode::ModelGroupChoice.
>
> I have tried to search both this mailing list, jira and on the web but
> found
> no documentation on this subject, except CVS submit comments regarding
> PSVI
> in November 2003.
>
> My questions are:
> - Are we using some of Xerces internal classes and types
> (ContentSpecNode)?
> - Is my assumption above correct about the new returned values?
> - Why no documentation on these changes at all?
>

> Regards,
> Christian Wahlgren

Gareth Reakes, Managing Director      Parthenon Computing
+44-1865-811184                  http://www.parthcomp.com