Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Randall Leeds <ra...@apache.org> on 2020/06/11 03:43:58 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Annotator (incubating) version 0.1.0 (-rc.4)

This is a call to release Apache Annotator (incubating) version 0.1.0.

Apache Annotator (incubating) provides libraries to enable annotation
related software, with an initial focus on identification of textual
fragments in browser environments.

The Annotator community has voted to approve this release.

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r68a5936041f52b49750d20151b7da2ec3b3abf0cd1f2fcdcdbc7349e%40%3Cdev.annotator.apache.org%3E

Result thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r9dbe922ff069285234f321d0f53936d067ba61e48304592390de3985%40%3Cdev.annotator.apache.org%3E

Release artifacts:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/annotator/source/0.1.0/rc.4

Git tag is available here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-annotator/releases/tag/v0.1.0-rc.4

Git commit hash:
1fb8be281847a56d369c2bddb0687a1cdbc13e43

A KEYS file for checking the signatures can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/annotator/KEYS

Please consult the following instructions for help testing the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-annotator/wiki/Testing-a-Source-Release

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number of
votes are reached.

Please vote:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Kind regards,
The Apache Annotator (incubating) team

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Annotator (incubating) version 0.1.0 (-rc.4)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I'm on both the Incubator PMC and on the Apache Annotator PPMC, but wasn't sure if I could "double dip" with my vote.

All IPMC votes are valid and count.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Annotator (incubating) version 0.1.0 (-rc.4)

Posted by Benjamin Young <by...@bigbluehat.com>.
Thanks for the votes, folks!

I'm on both the Incubator PMC and on the Apache Annotator PPMC, but wasn't sure if I could "double dip" with my vote. 🙂

If I may, then +1 (again), and here's the link to my vote on the dev@annotator list:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r7b5dae31735964a0c41b5d1ad44e94784583d80b693997e45c81fc73%40%3Cdev.annotator.apache.org%3E

Thanks, all!
Benjamin

--

http://bigbluehat.com/

http://linkedin.com/in/benjaminyoung

________________________________
Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@apache.org>.
On 2020/06/14 01:31:11, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> +1 (binding)

Thank you, Justin!

> - Unable to compile on OSX but assume that’s not a supported platform. It would be good to mention this in the README.

The build should work on macOS with the requirements listed in the README. Node.js and Yarn are the two required tools. (A working "make" command is needed, unless you run the build steps by hand.) We'll try to make this more explicit for the next release, and check whether other things are needed that we've taken for granted.

> You included “.git” directory in the source release was this intentional? It includes this file [1] which I’m not sure what the license is.

Including a ".git" directory was intentional. It is an experiment to see whether this simplifies creating and checking the release contents. The release is a shallow clone of the source repository and the testing instructions provide commands to compare the contents with the remote repository to ensure that only the files from the release tag are included in the tarball.

The file you flagged is a sample file installed by "git init". We will update our "make dist" command in the future to avoid creating this. Thanks for finding that.

> You might also want to make this [2] be more in line with [3].

Great catch. Thank you!

Regards,
Randall

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Annotator (incubating) version 0.1.0 (-rc.4)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 (binding)

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signature and hashes are fine
- LICENSE is perhaps missing something e.g. license for [1]
- NOTICE is fine
- DISCLAIMER exists but please list why you are using the WIP disclaimer
- No unexpected binary files
- All source files have ASF headers
- Unable to compile on OSX but assume that’s not a supported platform. It would be good to mention this in the README.

You included “.git” directory in the source release was this intentional? It includes this file [1] which I’m not sure what the license is.

You might also want to make this [2] be more in line with [3].

Thanks,
Justin

1. .git/hooks/pre-rebase.sample
2. https://www.npmjs.com/org/annotator