Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Kanchana Welagedara <ka...@opensource.lk> on 2002/11/22 10:46:59 UTC

RE: Admin Client

Hi  Steve;

> Axis isnt an app server, merely a .jar file and some servlet
> configuration parameters for a web.xml file.
IF there is an application server(Say that any SOAP Engine)can't we say that
it is an app server?

> To support autoupload of code is complex -you need to interact with
> classloaders- and duplicate effort -modern app servers have some form of
> live deploy. Security is a major issue, as is intra-class visibility.
>

> now, regarding 'manually copy to webapp/classes', exactly how are you
> deploying code today?
I use have used AdminClient but mostly I do it manually with out using
AdminClient!My problem was
if the SOAP Engine can  send SOAP attachments and if we can publish
AdminClient as a Web server then we can use a "SOAP attachment" to send
necessary files to correct location!to deploy a service.Can't we?If how it
is applicable in Axis Java?

By the way Steve; Say that I have a SOAP Engine that is *not* suppoting with
SOAP Attachments.What would be the method to Autoupload files with a higer
security?Base64?
Thanx
Kanchana